Since the Global Economic Slowdown of 2008 the ‘crisis of trust’ that has come to exist with the capitalist and free-market system and the inequitable growth that has taken place in the 20th century has led to the attempted shift in the global economic order to a re-invented form of capitalism which works towards achieving sustainable and inclusive growth to address issues of poverty and inequality in the 21st century. Large Corporations and Businesses, the main drivers of the Globalized World Economy, have stepped up their efforts towards sustainable and inclusive growth across the world.
The need for the Private Sector to collaborate with all agents of development including the Government, Civil Society and international governing bodies like the United Nations, is reflected through the United Nations Global Compact, which is aligning business strategies around its ten principles in the area of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption.
As a member of the Global Compact Network India, TARA is committed to collaborate and engage with the Private Sector and steer the growth agenda with sustainability as its new ‘competitive advantage’. TARA is engaging with Corporations and Business houses towards a value driven approach by identifying new opportunities for value creation which benefits all stake holders and moving from the traditional CSR and Philanthropy to creating both economic and social value.
Some of Our Initiatives
Some of the Private Sector, International Organizations and Public Sector Undertakings we work with are:
- Hindustan Unilevers
- GAIL (India) Private Limited
- HOLCIM/ Associated Cement Companies Ltd
- Antenna Technologies- Switzerland
- International Labor Organization
- Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry
- Hewlett Packard
- World Bank
- Japanese External Trade Organization (JETRO) & Kaihatsu Management Consulting (KMC)
Our commitment to Sustainable and Inclusive Growth & Development
- Inclusive Growth by facilitating market linkages
- Creation of green jobs through eco-friendly technology transfers
- Livelihood creation through capacity building
- Social-enterprise development by setting up micro and small enterprises
- Co-creation of value by partnering with Public Sector Undertaking’s and Private Corporations
TARAs mission in its engagement with the Private Sector is to serve as a catalyst for the Private Sector to achieve Social, Economic and Environmental growth through the Value Creation levers of:
- Cost Competitiveness
- Customer Focus
- Ethical Business Practices
- Social Contribution & Environmental Protection.